Sunday

New Eileen Fisher Ad Campaign





...And the smart award goes to......Eileen Fisher!

Did anyone else see this on the back inside cover of today's NYTimes Magazine? My friend Claire and I have been saying, in secret, how we kind of LOVE Eileen Fisher and now it seems, Eileen Fisher has caught on. I guess over-sized linen dresses and sweaters used to be a middle-aged woman thing, which would explain EF's decades old ad-campaign targeted to the woman whose has "confidently gone gray", so to speak.

This new ad campaign indicates that they are changing their market. For example, I don't know a single middle-aged Eileen Fisher-ish woman who would sit all thugged out in black ankle boots and a hoodie like above...

2 comments:

  1. I haven't personally wore Eileen Fisher, but this label is a big seller at my Ebay store. I have been thinking of purchasing a couple of pieces for myself because I hear so many good things about it...especially how fashionable EF is and never seems to go out of style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you have EF all wrong. As a customer for over 10 years, I know the line spans generations and has had something for everyone. But smart women of every age who don't want to spend a fortune on clothes that they need to toss in the thrift-store bin in two years, know the value of apparel pieces that you can wear forever and can be forgiving of changes in one's figure.

    ReplyDelete